CIPROFLOXACIN TABLET 750MG
Ciprofloxacin film-coated tablets are indicated for the treatment of the following infections.
• Lower respiratory tract infections due to Gram-negative bacteria
• Chronic suppurative otitis media
• Acute exacerbation of chronic sinusitis especially if these are caused by Gram-negative bacteria
Uncomplicated acute cystitis
In uncomplicated acute cystitis Ciprofloxacin film-coated tablets should be used only when it is considered inappropriate to use other antibacterial agents that are commonly recommended for the treatment of these infections.
• Acute pyelonephritis
• Complicated urinary tract infections
• Bacterial prostatitis
• Genital tract infections
• Infections of the gastro-intestinal tract (e.g. travellers' diarrhoea)
• Intra-abdominal infections
• Infections of the skin and soft tissue caused by Gram-negative bacteria
• Infections of the bones and joints
• Inhalation anthrax (post-exposure prophylaxis and curative treatment)
Ciprofloxacin may be used in the management of neutropenic patients with fever that is suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
Children and adolescents
Ciprofloxacin may also be used to treat severe infections in children and adolescents when this is considered to be necessary.
Dosage and Administration:
The dosage is determined by the indication, the severity and the site of the infection, the susceptibility to ciprofloxacin of the causative organism(s), the renal function of the patient and, in children and adolescents the body weight.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the illness and on the clinical and bacteriological course.
Treatment of infections due to certain bacteria (e.g. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter or Staphylococci) may require higher ciprofloxacin doses and co-administration with other appropriate antibacterial agents.
Treatment of some infections (e.g. pelvic inflammatory disease, intra-abdominal infections, infections in neutropenic patients and infections of bones and joints) may require co-administration with other appropriate antibacterial agents depending on the pathogens involved
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep in the original container.