SODIUM CHLORIDE INJECTION 0.9% 500ML
Sodium Chloride Injection Indications:
Sodium Chloride Injection 0.9% isotonic saline solution is indicated :
• for fluid replacement and provision of extracellular ions in near physiological concentration in conditions of extracellular-volume depletion, dehydration and electrolyte imbalance such as sodium depletion
• as an isotonic medium for intravenous administration of medicinal products known to be compatible with Sodium Chloride Injection.
Sodium Chloride Injection Dosage and Administration:
For intravenous infusion under medical supervision.
The pathophysiological response to dehydration, to electrolyte loss and to sodium chloride infusion will vary with the age of the patient being treated and this should be taken into account during rehydration therapy. Fluid replacement therapy should be administered with caution to very young and elderly patients.
The volume of isotonic saline solution needed to replenish fluid deficits varies with age, body weight, complementary treatment and severity of the clinical condition. The dose and rate of administration are subject to clinical and laboratory assessment in each case.
Sodium Chloride Injection Precautions & Warning:
Electrolytes should be monitored prior to and during infusion.
Sodium Chloride Injection Contra-indications:
Sodium chloride infusion solution should be administered with caution to :
- patients with conditions of impaired sodium excretion such as impaired renal function, cardiac failure, cardio-pulmonary disease, peripheral or pulmonary oedema, hypertension, cirrhosis of the liver, pre-eclampsia, severe hepatic insufficiency; hypernatraemia
- patients receiving drugs which may promote salt retention, and
- very young and to elderly patients who have reduced capacity to compensate for fluctuations in fluid and electrolyte balance.
Sodium Chloride Injection Drug interactions:
Check compatibility of medicinal products with Sodium Chloride Injection before administration with the solution.
Sodium Chloride Injection Storage instructions:
Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze. Store in the outer container.